Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Explosion and Surprise

Sorry I didn't make another article yesterday, I was working on a video for you guys. I know that you guys are learning a lot from my articles and pictures, but I thought that since we have all this high tech computer stuff, we might as well use it!



The secret to training is two things: explosion and surprise.

First of all, when you explode into your workouts, you get them done faster.  Faster equals better, that's rule number one.  Watch how, in the video, I have perfect balance.  You may not be able to use the ball if you're weak or a lady or both, so start out using your sofa.  Anyway, great balance allows me to really pop my elbow when I'm exploding.  When you do this workout right, you get the benefit of really working the elbow and also your chest.  The harder that the weight hits you in the chest, the more ready you're gonna be when a Gladiator tries to kick your butt, or, in this case, your chest.  Pain equals gain, that's also part of rule number one.

The second thing about training is number two.  That's surprise.  You have to try and beat your muscles and bones the way that Patton beat those Asian fellas in World War I.  How did he do that?  Surprise, of course!  He didn't just waltz into China and start throwing grenades!  No, he sneaked into China and started throwing grenades!  Anyway, nothing beats the element of surprise, except maybe explosion, which is why they are both so important.  If you do it right, the muscles in your chest and elbow are really gonna hurt, but that's okay, because that means you're doing it right.

Enjoy the video, guys.  I hope it doesn't make you too strong though, because the competition to be the next American Gladiator is pretty darn stiff as it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying that explode into the chest thing for like a week now and I can really feel the burn! Man you should teach a class at the YMCA or make a DVD or something cause you know your shit for reals.